If you know me in real life, you know I'm an easy read. My face is all-access emotion; I live near the surface, if I feel anything beyond the earliest morning's apathy, you'll see it. So it's a really good thing that I only ever had to lie over the phone last week, that when John said see you in ten I replied yes thank goodness can't wait and he couldn't tell I was counting hours, not days. Because there's nothing quite like catching a red-eye and showing up in New York that very next morning.
He was speechless, as in words no sentence putting together cannot. It was the best thing I've ever done, at least until the rest of the weekend happened—and as for that, I'm still searching for synonyms that go beyond magic. The only thing better than those four days? He's coming home today. As we speak, on a plane, coming. home.
Oh yeah. World: meet the boy I love. Boy I love: world. Good. Okay. Here we go.
1. red-eye sunrise from 17F. 2. the text I sent at 7:15 that morning.
3. bagels for breakfast at a bench on broadway. 4. recreating childhood photos.
5. this storm got the better of us. and by better, I mean best.
6/7. columbia campus tour with my fave alum. 8. taking one for the team at magnolia bakery.
9. learned all about automats at the NYPL's current lunch hour exhibit, which besides being so superbly well done made me a) want to be Doris Day in That Touch of Mink, b) consider a future kitchen with a wall of automat options, and c) hum this all day long.
10/11. library lions, NY state motto. stole it for my own. 12/13. favorites from the met.
14. secretly I only walk through the greek and roman rooms to steal ideas for my jewelry box. I am a gold girl and nobody does signet rings like the ancients.
15/16/17. top of the met. 18/19. sunday in the park with john. 20/21/22. subway shots
23. from the airtrain, which makes me feel probably irrationally futuristic but I'll save that spiel for the ode I will someday write to public transportation, my true city love.
24/25. final portraits from the same time zone; on the streets and JFK.
PS: this blog's been the slow boat to china of late;
find me on instagram for the everyday-up-to-date.